Magnum Recruiting has partnered with a market-leading dealer of construction equipment. We are looking for a Field Service Technician to cover Sarnia, ON for their location in London, ON.Summary of Primary Functions:
This position is responsible for repairing and maintaining electric, diesel and gasoline industrial, construction and forestry equipment generally independently and outside the actual conformities of the shopEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education, Skill, and/or Experience Requirements:
- Reads job order and observes and listens to equipment in operation to determine malfunction and plans work procedures.
- Installs fuel injection nozzles and pumps, changes or recharges batteries, and replaces transmissions, hydraulic systems and component parts.
- Examines protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on equipment, and makes adjustments.
- Lubricates moving parts and drives repaired equipment to verify conformance to specifications.
- Fabricates special lifting or towing attachments, hydraulic systems, shields, or other devices according to blueprints or schematic drawings.
- Removes, replaces, and repairs tires, undercarriages, and earth moving and timber harvesting attachments.
- Enters a legible description of work performed onto the work orders.
- Maintains and cares for the shop tools and equipment.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs miscellaneous housekeeping duties associated with the job.
- Insures work is performed safely and safe work procedures are followed throughout the department.
- Reads schematics denoting operating specifications for unit or component and type of evaluation required.
- Continues to work on revenue producing work as needed
- Tests unit for conformance with operating requirements such as specified horsepower and lifting performance.
- Helps ensure that our new and used whole goods are in good working conditions
- Examines protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on equipment and makes adjustments when necessary
- Fabricates special lifting or towing attachments, hydraulic systems, shields or other devices according to blueprints or schematic drawings.
- Maintains assigned service vehicle in areas of cleanliness, daily maintenance and inspections.
- Complies with all state laws while operating company vehicle.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Heavy Equipment license preferred.
- Must have good driving record.
- Must be self motivated and work independently.
- A team player with the ability to communicate with personnel and customers when required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Heavy Equipment license and Forklift Certification preferred.
- Competitive wages
- Generous vacation policy
- Competitive benefit & insurance package
Please send resumés to email@example.com