Magnum Recruiting has partnered with a market-leading dealer of construction equipment. We are looking for a Field Service Technician to cover Sarnia, ON for their location in London, ON.
Summary of Primary Functions:
This position is responsible for repairing and maintaining electric, diesel and gasoline industrial, construction and forestry equipment generally independently and outside the actual conformities of the shop
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education, Skill, and/or Experience Requirements:
- Reads job order and observes and listens to equipment in operation to determine malfunction and plans work procedures.
- Installs fuel injection nozzles and pumps, changes or recharges batteries, and replaces transmissions, hydraulic systems and component parts.
- Examines protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on equipment, and makes adjustments.
- Lubricates moving parts and drives repaired equipment to verify conformance to specifications.
- Fabricates special lifting or towing attachments, hydraulic systems, shields, or other devices according to blueprints or schematic drawings.
- Removes, replaces, and repairs tires, undercarriages, and earth moving and timber harvesting attachments.
- Enters a legible description of work performed onto the work orders.
- Maintains and cares for the shop tools and equipment.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs miscellaneous housekeeping duties associated with the job.
- Insures work is performed safely and safe work procedures are followed throughout the department.
- Reads schematics denoting operating specifications for unit or component and type of evaluation required.
- Continues to work on revenue producing work as needed
- Tests unit for conformance with operating requirements such as specified horsepower and lifting performance.
- Helps ensure that our new and used whole goods are in good working conditions
- Examines protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on equipment and makes adjustments when necessary
- Fabricates special lifting or towing attachments, hydraulic systems, shields or other devices according to blueprints or schematic drawings.
- Maintains assigned service vehicle in areas of cleanliness, daily maintenance and inspections.
- Complies with all state laws while operating company vehicle.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Heavy Equipment license preferred.
- Must have good driving record.
- Must be self motivated and work independently.
- A team player with the ability to communicate with personnel and customers when required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Heavy Equipment license and Forklift Certification preferred.
- Competitive wages
- Generous vacation policy
- Competitive benefit & insurance package
Please send resumés to email@example.com