Magnum Search Group has partnered with a market leader in the boiler/burner/controls industry with locations across North America. Together we are looking to find a Controls Engineer to join their team in Milwaukee, WI. They are open to relocation for candidates from all over the United States. This is a great opportunity for someone with sound Controls Engineering experience to join a thriving company.
Below are further details on the position:
- Specify and verify controls requirements on new equipment and existing equipment retrofits including maintenance of accurate controls drawings and documentation.
- Support new equipment controls development through validation, start-up, and continuous process improvement.
- Design controls systems or retrofits on new and existing equipment.
- Support PLC maintenance and programming on Allen Bradley systems.
- Act as key resource in troubleshooting controls and PLC issues in the processing facilities.
- Develop and execute strategic plans to improve controls support capability of equipment maintenance group.
- Manage activities of multiple contractors to ensure site standards are upheld.
- Other duties as directed by management
Education: Bachelor of Science in Engineering is mandatory. In some cases, equivalent experience may be substituted for education
- PMP certification a big plus
- Minimum 5 years Controls Engineering experience required.
- Must be extremely proficient with Studio 5000 (RSLogix 5000), Factory Talk View.
- Rockwell Automation SCADA development environment.
- Must be experienced and comfortable making logic changes in a live environment
- Knowledge of change control and validation is desired.
- Experience in the heat transfer and combustion industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of control networking and communication as applicable to Rockwell Hardware.
- Professional Project Management skills a plus.
- Demonstrated intermediate mathematical aptitude.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Strong Mechanical aptitude.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- A full complement of business computer literacy skills (e.g., word processing, spreadsheets, database software etc.)
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must possess appropriate communication skills allowing direct interaction with outside suppliers, internal Managers and Sr. Management.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to perform risk assessments in a timely manner and act accordingly.
- Demonstrate a willingness to share skills and information with others.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and speak clear English.
Our client also offers a great benefits package and competitive 401 k match. If you are interested in the position do not hesitate to apply!
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org